faxes with broadband

KPC 08:47 12 Jul 03

ive win xp pro and would like to send faxes instead of mail with attachments. is this possible with broadband (ntl/150 speed )or do i need the old fashined slow modem

-pops- 08:51 12 Jul 03

You need an old fashioned dial up modem.

Fax is an analogue service, broadband digital ergo, incompatible. There are Fax services you can pay for and get them delivered by email but they cost. I still use my old dial up system specifically for Faxing.

Brian

KPC 08:53 12 Jul 03

so i install a modem alongside cable modem and just use one or the other and do you have to disable cable whilst using modem

AubreyS 09:20 12 Jul 03

I just tried it. It will work but you have to have a filter on the modem.

DieSse 09:32 12 Jul 03

Yes, you just install a standard analogue modem, and set it up with either the Windows faxing program or the one that comes with the modem.

No, you don't have to do anything with the broadband connection in order to use the fax. You can do both at the same time.

Cesar 10:04 12 Jul 03

At the top of the Helproom Search type, Broadband and Fax to see the answers to your question

-pops- 10:09 12 Jul 03

I've been using the two in combination ever since I've had broadband - two years - with no problems whatever.

bremner 10:12 12 Jul 03

As you are NTL I assume that is a cable connection then there is no need for a filter.

perpetually-perplexed 10:29 12 Jul 03

i was gonna post the same question myself today.. thanks all

KPC 10:56 12 Jul 03

thanks everybody

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…