Fax2mail?

Black Strider 09:02 02 Nov 06

Good morning to you all.
I have just joined a Fax2mail and although i have recieved two mails(faxes) I can't get them opened.
Apparently "The file does not have a program assosiated with it for performing this action.And goes on to say " create an assosiation in the folder options control panel"
I know I'm a dumbo, but what does one have to do to complete the task?
Your complete old novice
Nipper

Belatucadrus 09:32 02 Nov 06

First thing is to find out what kind of file the document has been supplied in, the file name should end .doc or .pdf or whatever. As soon as you can tell us what it is, we can identify the software you need to install to view it.

anchor 09:46 02 Nov 06

Whilst I don`t use Fax2mail, I use a similar service provided by Trinite. The faxes sent to me are in Tiff format, and are opened in my graphic programme. Most, if not all, graphic programmes will open Tiff`s.

I see that Fax2mail convert faxes to either pdf or Tiff files.

click here

Pdf files are opened in Adobe acrobat reader, which is free from

click here

If you are still having problems, post again.

Black Strider 15:44 02 Nov 06

Thanks Guy's
My mail seems to be in Tiff format.
As I'm getting older, I've noticed that I'm getting a bit tighter.
Any ideas as to where i can get a perminant free program,to enable me to access tiff's?
Nipper

Black Strider 15:44 02 Nov 06

Thanks Guy's
My mail seems to be in Tiff format.
As I'm getting older, I've noticed that I'm getting a bit tighter.
Any ideas as to where i can get a perminant free program,to enable me to access tiff's?
Nipper

VoG II 15:45 02 Nov 06
  Black Strider 16:06 02 Nov 06

Well done! All sorted!
Thank you all!
Nipper

anchor 16:57 02 Nov 06

If you have Win XP you already have a "tif" viewer installed; its called "Windows Picture and Fax viewer".

Save the tif file you have received to a folder. Right click on it, and select Preview. The tif file should open with the Windows Picture and Fax viewer. You can even print from this.

This programme works with a wide section of graphic files; tif, jpg, bmp, etc:.

Anyway, Irfanview, as recommended by VoG™, is a jolly good graphic programme, and does much more than just open the file.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…