Fax software to send faxes from Vista

stugra 11:45 20 Oct 07

My version of Vista Home Premium does not have fax software built in to my great annoyance.

Can anyone point me in the direction of free software that will enable me to send faxes from my scanner/pc?

Many thanks in advance.

Stuartli 13:21 20 Oct 07

Apparently SnappyFax works with Vista:

click here

You can use it on a free trial basis at first.

pj123 13:32 20 Oct 07

You do have an internal Analogue modem installed don't you?

Otherwise, regardless of what fax software you have, you won't be able to send faxes.

stugra 13:56 20 Oct 07

Call me tight, but is there any simple free stuff out there - I only send a fax once every 6 months??

Stuartli 14:19 20 Oct 07

Easier then to use a fax to e-mail/e-mail to fax service. See, for instance:

click here

click here

click here

There are others.

pj123 14:44 20 Oct 07

"I only send a fax once every 6 months"

Try your local library, they may have a fax service with a nominal fee per page.

Alternatively, email what you want to send (assuming it isn't personal) to me, along with the fax number you want it sent to and I will send it for you.

stugra 14:49 20 Oct 07

Hi all - many thanks for your suggestions.

pj123 - I am not sure that it is that useful to send a 100+ page fax through my library, nor through you - for security reasons you should not be suggesting this really. And to clarify, yes I have a modem installed, just not the software.

Please can I kindly ask for any new suggestions of software ONLY, as per my original post, as that is what I require.

Many thanks.

Stuartli 15:21 20 Oct 07

Try Googling for freeware Fax software.

stugra 15:33 20 Oct 07

Sadly that was my first port of call.

DieSse 15:45 20 Oct 07

This looks good for next to nothing

click here

pj123 16:32 20 Oct 07

100+ page fax?

Using the latest fax software at 14,400 it would take hours to send. (Most dedicated fax machines are only 9,600)

If you have an analogue modem installed it might be worth checking the install disk that came with it. It might have some fax software on it.

My analogue modem came with Supervoice software. Which is what I use to send faxes.

My incoming faxes are via Nildram and come in to my email Inbox. It costs me £23 per year.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…