Fax setup in windows 2000

Office 11:08 14 Jan 04

How can I setup Microsoft version fax in windows 2000? I've been to add/remove windows components and I can't find it. Also I've done a search in this discussion archives, but could'nt find what I need.

Please help!!

Stuartli 11:24 14 Jan 04

Nothing in the Help files? Probably have to install the fax components from the OS disk.

See:

click here

click here

click here

Sheila-214876 11:35 14 Jan 04

Check out your analogue modem setup disk. It will probably have Supervoice on it. A far superior fax and answerphone programme, which is what I use. You can send faxes from any programme that has a print mode, like word, excel, publisher, paint shop pro etc... It will receive faxes but, your computer has to be on and the programme running. To get round that I subscribe to Trinite at £23 a year and all incoming faxes go to my email Inbox. So I get my faxes whether or not my PC is on or off. Trinite is at click here

Stuartli 16:16 14 Jan 04

Tiscali does a free fax to e-mail service if you are one of its subscribers.

You are given an 0871-xxx-xxx number as your fax number - Tiscali takes a percentage of the sender's cost for the fax sent - and, of course, the beauty is that your system doesn't have to be on to receive faxes.

I use to use the similar FaxMe service, but this folded about 18 months ago. Tiscali's service is equally as good.

Stuartli 16:19 14 Jan 04

By the way I used to use the Win95/98 Windows Messaging fax programs, found on the OS disks under wms.exe and Awfax.exe.

Messaging is very similar to Outlook Express in appearance and operation, but I now use the excellent XP Fax Console, which does all I require (plus the Tiscali fax to e-mail service mentioned above for incoming faxes).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…