fax probs with broadband

Digifish 19:00 20 Sep 05

Has anyone encountered problems using their computer to fax with after upgrading to broadband if so how did you get round it. when I try I get a message saying that the fax cannot be sent as cannot find a dialling tone. please help as I need this for buisiness

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:06 20 Sep 05

You cannot fax on BB as it is entirely digital. Faxes work on the old analogue sytem down the phone, you will need your old dial up modem (V90) to fax.

Diemmess 19:28 20 Sep 05

I think that like me, you intended to use your old modem but find that it has been disabled.

Not really understanding the wiles and ways of any sort of modem and failing to get any joy with Windows Fax, I fiddled about with redundant "Super Voice", an old version of which came originally with my old modem.....It worked after a bit of coaxing, though I'm sorry I can't give you blow by blow. It certainly did not affect by BB connection.

All this for the sake of sending or receiving now about 2 faxes per year!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…