Fax problems with XP

MEGGYBOO 16:43 06 Oct 05

Before I had broadband I used to use the fax system in XP. Since I connected to broadband I am unable to send faxes through the normal telephone modem which is still connected. I have consulted numerous 'experts' but none of them are able to help. I know I cannot use broadband for sending faxes but I still should be able to use the normal dial out modem as before. Here are the facts
My computer recognises the 56k modem which I would use for dialing out.
My fax system recognises this modem
I can receive faxes on the system.
When I try to send faxes my computer does not even attempt to connect; the outbox registers 'fatal error'.
When my telephone rings and the computer is on the computer also rings thus showing that the modem is connected to the telephone line and the telephone line can access the computer.
Help

SOREBLADE 16:45 06 Oct 05

Got me there tried updating the drivers???

ventanas 16:53 06 Oct 05

I would do a further check that the modem can dial out. Hyperteminal is very good for this. Just set it up to dial your mobile so you will know if its working.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…