Fax problem

cagey 23:12 27 Feb 03

Have installed FAX facility on Win XP using the install wizard. Everything seemed to load OK, but when I enter the Fax Console and click on the File menu, all the options except IMPORT and EXIT are greyed out. Down the bottom of the screen is a message "All fax printers are inaccessable". When I click TOOLS-Fax printer Configuration-Sharing, it states "sharing is not supported for this type of printer". My printer is an Epson Stylus C60. Can you offer any advice please.

Forum Editor 23:31 27 Feb 03

isn't a real printer, it's a virtual one. When you enter the Fax console File menu you should be able to click on:

1. Send a Fax now

2. Receive a Fax

3. Import

4. Export

You can't share a fax printer for the reason I gave above - it's not a real device. If you are getting a message to say that all fax printers are inaccessible it's likely that an error has occured during the Faxing setup.

Open the Fax monitor, click on tools and select 'configure fax ' to run the wizard again.

cagey 00:32 28 Feb 03

I now understand about "virtual" printer. I have run the wizard again, but still get the message, all fax printers are inaccessable. I even tried completely removing Fax from windows and loaded it in again, but still get the same message and 1.Send a Fax now

2. Receive a Fax, etc are all greyed out.

What am I doing wrong?

cagey 09:40 28 Feb 03

Anyone help please!

Wak 20:21 28 Feb 03

Hi Cagey, I have the normal printer and two Fax programs installed on win 98SE.
When I go to File/ Print, the Print box comes up to select the colour, page number, copies etc, and the Printer name is highlighted.
If I click the button at the side of the listed printer, the names of the other two printers (fax progs) drop down and can be selected.
If you are in a word processing program, you can either print it as normal or send it as a fax.
Does your print program do this???

cagey 00:12 01 Mar 03

Wak---Thanks for your help, I did what you suggested and I think I am OK now. Will try to send a Fax to my Brother-in-law.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…