fax modems for ADSL?

baygon 15:41 13 Jul 04

Hi have just had to take out my internal fax modem in order to put in a LAN card - I used to have ISDN but changed to broadband. I don't have anymore slots for cards at the back of my PC. Is there a way I can get a fax running?

pj123 17:42 13 Jul 04

I have an external fax modem. It is called Diamond Supra Memory Express 56e.

It connects via the Serial port. It doesn't appear to have any setup disks but you can have it for the postage only. I cannot guarantee whether it will work or not.

From it's weight the postage is about £5.20 Royal Mail Special Delivery, next day guaranteed.

email me if you want to give it to try.

baygon 02:16 14 Jul 04

Thanks. What I'm not sure about is how an External modem will connect to a phoneline. There are no free sockets for an ordinary phone line in my ADSL box.

baygon 02:19 14 Jul 04

to pj123

Hey thanks ever so much for your offer. That's really kind of you. I'm living in Japan at the moment so it may work out more expensive to post it to here but I really appreciate your offer all the same.

pj123 10:33 14 Jul 04

Ah! probably cheaper for you to buy an external modem in Japan than send this one out. The modem itself will have the sockets to connect to the phone line.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…