Fax Via Broadband

Cesar 10:10 22 May 03

If any forumite has successfully sent a fax from their computer Using Broadband, would they please explain the procedure.

Xevious 10:27 22 May 03

do a search for "fax and broadband" but here is a link to the same topic discussed recently

click here

anchor 12:21 22 May 03

The post referred to by Xevios explains it fully.

The short reply is NO. You will need to use an ordinary 56k dial-up modem, connected to a phone line, in combinaion with a fax programme such as WinFax.

deadneat 12:43 22 May 03

Try this free fax click here

graham√ 14:00 22 May 03

OK Gang, we can now fax over Broadband - it works! Thanks, deadneat.

otubby1 14:26 22 May 03

Don't want to sound like a stick in the mud, BUT... what if you want to send something of a delicate nature? And I'm not talking about the obvious!

What I mean is, a personal or corporate thing. The server gets to see it!

anchor 09:13 23 May 03

The link provided by deadneat works OK.

However, it was disappointing to see that the fax is received just like a text message. Any formatting and style is lost. Plus, a large advert is included.

For the cost of the phone call, I will stick with WinFax.

otubby1 13:17 23 May 03

Before I install it, has anybody any experience with the fax facility built into Windows XP?

anchor 13:33 23 May 03

I have never used the Windows XP fax, (I don`t have XP), but from a posting here last year it seems as though there might be problems.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…