//some 3rd party need geo

favourties icon

esl_webber 11:02 29 Aug 03

Hi all,
can anyone tell me how I can add an image icon to my website so that when it is added to favourites it brings us my image as a thumbnail.

my current add to favourites text is:

SPAN STYLE='color=#330033;cursor:hand;'
onClick='window.external.AddFavorite(location.href, document.title);'onMouseOver="this.style.color='#FFCC00'" onMouseOut="this.style.color = '#330033'"
>
click here to add this page to your favourites
/strong> /font> /td>

cheers

Talented Monkey 12:23 29 Aug 03

You will need to create an icon which is 16x16pixels and has 16 colours (4 bit)anything different and you will run into problems. To create your icons you need an icon editor. I seem to remember a while ago PCadvisor had such a utility on one of their disks, can not remember how long ago, however a reasonable trial editor can be found at click here

you could use a search engine or click here to search for other icon editors. When your icon is completed remember to save in icon format .ico , upload it to your webspace and enter the following code inbetween the <head></head> tags of your HTML.

<LINK REL="SHORTCUT ICON"HREF="click here">

of course you change the path to where you uploaded the icon.

It is also worth noting that these icons will only be displayed in certain browsers, and that if you or other people already have the page bookmarked then the icon may not show up or change in the favourites folders.

If you have any problems do not hesitate to post them

esl_webber 12:29 29 Aug 03

wicked, cheers,
I will try it out (I get far too excited about web design - I really am a geek)

esl_webber 12:52 29 Aug 03

I now have the icon saved in my images folder
where abouts do I put the code, I have had a few goes but not worked it out
cheers

Taran 13:04 29 Aug 03

In addition to the above, you should also be aware that not all web hosts support a faveicon, so it may be worth checking before you go to any design trouble.

esl_webber 10:05 01 Sep 03

favicon up and working - cheers talented

Foolsbane_1 22:19 14 Sep 03

And thanks from me as well. Very useful information which helped me resolve a little snag.

esl_webber 09:53 15 Sep 03

favicons are very cool (unless of course you use a mac, which I do most of the time!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…