Favourites location

collinsc 19 Oct 11

Hi

I am looking at a favourites folder on:

computer>acer (c)>users> my name>favorites and i think this is an old list of favorites as it has many i deleted yrs ago! can i delete these favorites? where might my other favorites be stored?

i am using google chrome and i am the only user of this laptop.

thanks!

Sea Urchin 19 Oct 11

As you refer to "Favorites" I assume you are using Internet Explorer. The quickest way to find your current favorites folder is to press your Windows key + R and then in the Run box type "favorites" (without inverted commas). Enter, or click OK.

collinsc 19 Oct 11

thanks, that has taken me to a diff folder, i am using chrome now (which i appreciate is bookmarks) - looks like the old IE favorites are stored also

collinsc 19 Oct 11

scratch that last post! they arent duplicated... it is just the favorites in the folders are not the truth about the favourits i have in chrome i.e. a folder shows a link to 5 pages, i actualy have about 30 links... why arent they showing!?

john bunyan 19 Oct 11

Sea Urchin. Thanks for that - note you correctly spelt it the US way - favorites. When I tried favourites it came up with some of my music stuff!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message