Favourites location

collinsc 19:52 PM 19 Oct 11

I am looking at a favourites folder on:

computer>acer (c)>users> my name>favorites and i think this is an old list of favorites as it has many i deleted yrs ago! can i delete these favorites? where might my other favorites be stored?

i am using google chrome and i am the only user of this laptop.

Sea Urchin 19:58 PM 19 Oct 11

As you refer to "Favorites" I assume you are using Internet Explorer. The quickest way to find your current favorites folder is to press your Windows key + R and then in the Run box type "favorites" (without inverted commas). Enter, or click OK.

collinsc 20:32 PM 19 Oct 11

thanks, that has taken me to a diff folder, i am using chrome now (which i appreciate is bookmarks) - looks like the old IE favorites are stored also

collinsc 20:35 PM 19 Oct 11

scratch that last post! they arent duplicated... it is just the favorites in the folders are not the truth about the favourits i have in chrome i.e. a folder shows a link to 5 pages, i actualy have about 30 links... why arent they showing!?

john bunyan 22:35 PM 19 Oct 11

Sea Urchin. Thanks for that - note you correctly spelt it the US way - favorites. When I tried favourites it came up with some of my music stuff!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know