Favourites Icons

redbarron 16:16 29 Jan 07

Can anyone help please.

When saving a web page to my 'favourites'list, the icon for that web page is displayed next to the title. This makes it easy to locate that web page at a later date, providing I don't disconnect from the web!

Is it possible to keep that icon for future use.

At the moment, if I disconnect, I lose the manufactures icon. It then reverts back to the standard little blue 'e'icon.

I've always managed ok with the stand 'e' symbol. But it would make it easier if the manufactures icon was permanantly displayed.

rb

Eric10 16:32 29 Jan 07

In IE go to Tools, Internet Options, General tab. In the 'Browsing History' section click the 'Settings' button then 'View files'. Scroll down the list looking for files called favicon.ico and when you find the one you want just copy it and paste it into a folder on your hard drive. Rename it to something appropriate.
Close the dialogue box and go to 'Organise Favorites' on the Favorites menu. Locate the entry you want, right-click it and choose Properties. You will find a 'Change Icon' button so just point it to the favicon you previously saved.

redbarron 08:55 30 Jan 07

Thanks for the info. But it all seems a bit long winded to me. Plus, I don't have a 'Browsing History' section, or at least not one that I could find going by your instructions.

I also want to change all my 'favourites' to the correct icons for that web site, which I have many.

Oh well, it was worth a try. Thanks again

rb

anskyber 09:08 30 Jan 07

Use Favorg click here

redbarron 10:01 30 Jan 07

Thanks guys. It works a treat.

rb

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…