Favourites & history suddenly disappeared

ds7183 19:55 PM 12 Jul 11

Help please. Had a massive problem the other day - I think it was a pretend virus. Lost everything, programmes, desktop etc. Anyway managed to do a system restore and got most things back. I have since discovered I've lost all my favourites and history, when I click on the fav star there are none. I do have the favourites in Docs & Settings/Username/favourites. How can I get them back in the google favs? I am on XP and IE8 I believe.

Another problem has arisen. Every time I go on the email or websites a box comes up from IE 'when you send information to the internet it might be possible for others to see that information. Do you want to continue' How can I stop this coming up each time as I have checked the box 'do not show me this again'.

I am not very computer literate so if you can help I need it in simple step by step instructions please.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: When is Black Friday & what are the best tech Black Friday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the animated Christmas ad everyone's tallking about

The 84 best Mac games: Brilliant RPGs, shooting games, adventure games and puzzlers for Mac OS X