//some 3rd party need geo

Favourites alphabetical listing

Tic Tac Man 06:52 24 Mar 03

When I add a new folder to my favourites, it joins the end of the list. I'd like to put them in alphabetical order. I thought this would be quite easy. I went to organise favourites but can't seem to do it. Am I missing something? Can anyone help please?

Pesala 07:08 24 Mar 03

Right-click on your favourites list, and choose Sort by Name

BurrWalnut 07:53 24 Mar 03

This is an old chestnut. You have to use Favs at the top of the screen not on the left pane.

You also have to refresh the left pane if Favs is showing there.

€dstow 07:59 24 Mar 03

What left pane? My favorites appear at the top of the screen, nowhere else. Am I missing something?

€d

Pesala 08:09 24 Mar 03

Control I will toggle the favourites list. Or from the View Menu, Explorer Bar, Favourites.

F4 will do the same in Opera.

Tic Tac Man 08:12 24 Mar 03

Got what I was looking for, first time, thanks to your directions. I seem to have raised another question about favourites in the left pane, which I don't know about either.

MichelleC 08:12 24 Mar 03

Right-clicking in 98 + ie6 on favorites won't give the option to 'sort by name'. You have to click and drag each entry to where you want.

Andsome 08:15 24 Mar 03

Hi there. If you look at the tool bar which contains the back and forward buttons, further along to the right is another favourites button. If you click this the left hand pane will open up.

Tic Tac Man 08:16 24 Mar 03

Got that now, too, thanks Pesala.

€dstow 08:21 24 Mar 03

Got it - do you know, I've never used that or even noticed it!!

Thanks

€d

Tic Tac Man 08:22 24 Mar 03

I've got 98 + ie6 and it worked for me. Click Favorites at the top, go into the body of the list, then right click and it should do it for you. I also tried the toolbar favorites to get the left pane. Thanks for all your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…