Favorites..is there a limit on their number? Help

bof:) 18:57 02 Dec 03

Hi All,

For some reason when I click on the 'sort by name' option in IE6 favorites nothing happens.

The list used to jump into alphabetical order but now it doesnt. Could it be that my list is rather large with several folders of large size also.

Using win98se and Internet Explorer 6.

Thankyou in advance for all and any help given.

Mike

VoG II 19:32 02 Dec 03

You have to display Favorites from the Favorites menu for this to work.

Displaying them using the Favorites "star" button won't work.

Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

bof:) 19:56 02 Dec 03

Hi Vog,

thanks for the quick response. I am running favorires fro the bar at the top of the page as you suggest.

I have added several pages recently to my favorites list and as you know they go to the bottom of the list.

When I click on any of these (or any page already in the list) and choose the 'sort by name' option nothing happens.

Mike

Djohn 20:13 02 Dec 03

Hi bof:), not sure if you are aware, but even from the "Star" button you can move your favourites around in one of two ways.

From the Left-hand pane just click and hold the address you want to move, then drag it to a different position in the list or a different folder.

Or click on the "Organise" button and a new window will open giving you several options. j.

bof:) 21:49 02 Dec 03

Hi Djohn, thanks for the information I never realised I could do this using the favorites star icon. I guess I'll have to just spend some time making new folders and putting pages in them.

One thing though, there is no option to 'sort by name' using the favorites star option.

I am trying to discover why I canot (now) get my pages to sort by name into alphabetical order as could do.

I suspect it could have something to do with how many pages I have in my list, at a rough guess about 200+. I also have several folders with 30+ pages in them. I guess I have to do a bit of spring cleaning.

I'll use the star option to tidy things up a bit. Hopefully then I can sort by name again.

Thankyou very much for both of yours help, its much appreciated.

Mike

VoG II 22:01 02 Dec 03

A further suggestion. Use Favorites from the Menu bar, then press Shift and click on Organize Favorites. This will give you a Windows Explorer view of them.

powerless 22:09 02 Dec 03

C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Favorites

C:\WINDOWS\Favorites

Folder.

Open up another Windows Explorer split them 50/50 to the vertical or horizontal.

New folders, rename, drag and drop.

Knock yourself out.

david4637 15:40 03 Dec 03

Your idea is a good one, because to drag a website from the bottom of the Favorites List to a folder at the top is a time consuming B*.I just open 2 separate Windows of Explorer, one with the folder required on the left and the other with the web sites on the right and drag and drop across. Thanks David

SEASHANTY 16:23 03 Dec 03

^

bof:) 21:24 03 Dec 03

Hi All,

many thanks once again for all of your help. I'll try what has been suggested and once again I owe you all a 'virtual' pint or what ever your tipple is.

Cheers!!....Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…