Favorites In Internet Explorer

CPU Magnet 21:53 23 Jan 03
  CPU Magnet 21:53 23 Jan 03

Since as far back as I can remember, I have never used the favorites in internet explorer. Today I tried to add a web page to the favorites and it worked. But I found that all the filled from C:\WINNT were also in here. I tried to delete one or two of them, but when I checked in the C drive I found that these foiles were gone, si I restored them for Recycle bin. How do I get rid of these files from the favorites without actually taking them of the harddrive.

DieSse 22:30 23 Jan 03

You can only move them to a different folder. But they shouldn't be there in the first place.

Either you have duplicated things in the favorites folder, which can safely be reomoved.

OR if these really are WinNT things in your favorites folder, you have a right royal screw up on your disk, which can only be rectified by a complete rebuild.

If you delete the WinNT things from the Fav folder, does your system still work - if it does, then leave them in the Recycle bin for a few days, and if all goes well you can delete them permanently.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…