Favorites icons missing.

Tazfan 14:10 14 Dec 08

All my lil Icons have disappeared from my Favorites.
You know the ones I mean, the little ones that appear to the left of the sites as seen in the address bar. This site has a red and black design with PCA in it, Google has a blue lower case g, and eBay says eBay.
I have a few as quick launch items, and the icons used to be there.
Here is an image of what I mean In the quick launch, the 7th and 8th items should be Google and eBay. As you can see, the icons have changed to default ones.
Its not just the ones in the quick launch area. Its all of them.
Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance for your time and trouble.

T:-)

Tazfan 14:17 14 Dec 08

I figured a link to the image would be a good idea, so here it is. It is a photobucket link.

click here

brundle 14:18 14 Dec 08

Favicons..use this click here

brundle 14:26 14 Dec 08

No, not favicons, apologies. Try TweakUI's rebuild icons repair click here. If no good, the files or shortcuts those icons are linked to may have been moved and you'll have to create new ones.

Tazfan 14:47 14 Dec 08

I have a program called FavOrg that is meant to sort the icons out. It doesnt.
I have tried Tweak UI with no success.
Its not cause things have moved cause new ones dont show the icons either.

brundle 14:51 14 Dec 08

Is it just confined to the quicklaunch bar or any shortcuts you create ?

brundle 14:53 14 Dec 08

If you're dragging internet links there, they /are/ favicons, and Favorg doesn't seem to work well with IE7 favorites. click here

brundle 14:55 14 Dec 08

No idea if the similar bug afflicting Deadlink's been sorted but I find that bookmarking a site in Firefox doesn't fetch the favicon until you refresh the page just after bookmarking. Perhaps IE7 is the same. Ensure any clean up programs such as CCleaner aren't removing favicons too.

Tazfan 15:02 14 Dec 08

Its all favorites, not just quick launch ones.
They did all work not long ago, but now there are none. None web based ones are fine though. Just web based ones that dont have icons.

Tazfan 15:13 14 Dec 08

I ran the AM Deadlinks program suggested by brundle, restarted, and they are back.
I wonder why Tweak UI and FavOrg failed to sort it.
Oh well, its done now.
THANK YOU brundle. It is appreciated.

T:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…