Favorites Gone !!

ooermrs 13:58 20 Apr 07

Every time i switch my computer on or bring it out of sleep mode i find that my drop down list of previously visited internet sites and my list of favorite sites have been deleted and can't seem to figure out why. I've tried looking and ticking/unticking different boxes but all to no avail.
I'm running IE7 with Zone Alarm, Avast, Spyware Terminator and Advanced WindowsCare V2 Professional also IObit SmartDefrag but don't think that would be causing it.
Anybody out there got any ideas ??

ArrGee 15:55 20 Apr 07

Slightly unrelated, but are you running Zone Alarm AV as well as Avast? You should be running just one AV.

Technotiger 16:21 20 Apr 07

Click the gold star on the left of the toolbar, or press Alt + c on your keyboard to get your Favorites, click the gold star with the green plus sign to add to favorites, and if you want the Menu Bar with File, Edit, View, Favorites, Tools, and Help to show, right click a vacant space on the toolbar, a menu pops up, click Menu Bar.

If you only need the Menu Bar with File, Edit, View, Favorites, Tools, and Help to appear temporarily just press the Alt key on your keyboard. This way your toolbar doesn't take up as much of your screen. If you want it to stay permanently, right click on a vacant space on the toolbar and click Menu Bar.

To get your history press Ctrl plus h on your keyboard, or click the gold star on the left of the toolbar and History will be on the top of the drop down menu, or click the little black down arrow beside the back and forward buttons.

Technotiger 16:25 20 Apr 07

I also assume that your ZA is simply a Firewall, not a AV. I have not used Advanced Windows Care so am not familiar with what it contains - if it includes AV, you should note that you should only run one AV, otherwise two AV would clash and cause problems.

I very much doubt that iOrbit would be the cause.

Technotiger 16:29 20 Apr 07

I guess you are using XP, so if all else fails, perhaps a System Restore back to before you had any problems.

ooermrs 17:41 20 Apr 07

Thanks Technotiger. It's XP i'm running and its just Zone Alarm firewall. Tried clicking the gold star but on restart all the contents are deleted. Its the drop down address bar thats emptyed too upon resrart which means having to type all the www. addresses again and again. Its not really a major problem more a pain in the rear but help resolving it would be great !!

Stuartli 17:50 20 Apr 07

If IE7 is the same as IE6, you probably need to extend the period your History is retained.

Go to Tools>Internet Options>History and set the number of days you wish to retain URLs from 0 up to 99 days.

Stuartli 17:51 20 Apr 07

If you Enable AutoComplete then just typing in the first letter or two will complete the URL automatically.

Technotiger 17:58 20 Apr 07

Sorry, got called away to the telphone ... but Stuartli is pressing all the right buttons anyway .. :-))

Now gotta go and have my dinner - be back later to see how you are getting on.

ooermrs 18:32 20 Apr 07

Thanks Stuartli. Tried that and its set at 30 days but still gets emptyed when computer switched off or on sleep mode.

VoG II 18:40 20 Apr 07

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…