Favorites File

sheffy 18:58 22 Mar 04

Just set up xp on new computer and would like to import my old favorites file (windows 98)which at present is sitting on the desktop. How do I get it into the correct place? Any help much appreciated.

VoG II 19:01 22 Mar 04

On the 98 machine start Internet Explorer, File/Import and Export and export them to a floppy.

Follow a similar method to impport them from the floppy onto the new one.

sheffy 21:00 22 Mar 04

for the info. Is there anything I can do with the file on my xp desktop to get it into the correct place? Rather than go back to the old computer.

VoG II 21:02 22 Mar 04

Sorry I didn't read your question properly.

If you use File Import and Export, select import favorites you should be able to point the wizard at the file on your desktop.

©®@$? 21:02 22 Mar 04

just import your favorite file the same way as you exported it

sheffy 22:59 22 Mar 04

Unfortunately I didn't export the file I copied it to a cd and then onto my xp desktop. Import keeps telling me it can't find the file even when I point to it.

cycoze 09:43 23 Mar 04

When you say you just copied the file , what do you actually mean? did you export your favourites as a file IE;- bookmark.htm , or did you just copy the favourites folder ?

The latter would not be found trying `import` you would have to open the folder on your desktop and click edit>select all , then either copy and paste or send to the XP favourites folder .

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 10:55 23 Mar 04

If you can zip the favs folder shouldnt be that big then copy it and unzip it to the favs folder on xp.

Regards.

cycoze 15:48 23 Mar 04

So how did you do it ? others might like to know .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…