bob's 19:56 26 Aug 04

When i log on as Administrator my Favorites are in C:Winnt\Web\Wallpaper and if i try putting them in the C:, Documents and Settings, Administrator,Favorites it still goes to the Wallpaper folder and now there is no Favorites in it to display.How can i direct it to the proper folder.

BurrWalnut 20:26 26 Aug 04

Windows keeps a number of special folders such as My Documents, Desktop, Favorites and the Start Menu. These folders can be moved anywhere on you system and the new location updated in the registry.

Note the current location of the folder you want to move, and then using explorer move the folder to the new location.

Run regedit and navigate to registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders and see if it matches your location of Favorites, if not change it.

Back up the registry first. Log off or restart Windows for the changes to take effect.

bob's 21:53 26 Aug 04

Thanks a million BurrWalnut.I followed your instructions and i noted the line on another computer and edited it to the same value. It is perfect now.
Thanks Again,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…