Favicons...

barryoneoff.co.uk 09:57 10 Sep 05

My favicons show up in all tested browsers apart from the BT Yahoo tabbed browser.

Most favicons appear on the tabs, but my own and a few others (including PCA) just show as the usual sheet of paper. Obviously there must be another way to add them to sites.

At the moment I just put them into the root folder, and they show up on the other browsers. Any ideas?

PurplePenny 23:46 10 Sep 05

Have you looked at the source code of the sites to see whether you can spot any difference in the way those that show up, and those that don't, link to the favicon?

Chami provide a free online favicon validator which might help you to pinpoint the problem: click here

barryoneoff.co.uk 23:54 10 Sep 05

I'll have a look. It's funny, but it's only PCA, a few others, and my own sites that dont show. They show up in IE and FF. Weird.

barryoneoff.co.uk 00:15 11 Sep 05

I uploaded my icon to your link, as they said it was not recognised, and now it works. Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…