Faulty RAM module?

slickers 15:09 20 Nov 03

I have just bought a 128 mb RAM upgrade for my old laptop, but it is only recognising it as 64mb. I have tried it in both slots, and when put in together with my old 32mb card, it shows a total of 96mb. The computer works fine, but I'm a bit miffed I only got half what I paid for. Is the chip faulty (can only half of it work?), or is there something else I need to do on the computer to recognise the full 128mb?
Running Fujitsu Liteline, 450mhz, with XP pro (hence the need to upgrade the RAM). According to the manual it will take upto 2 x 128mb cards.

madPentium 15:17 20 Nov 03

If the memory is definitely 128mb and not 64mb, then it isnt being addressed correctly. It is either faulty or the wrong type for your machine.

you may need to check the manual for the specs, as one of my laptops can only see 2 modules of 48mb

48x2=96mb.

[email protected] E

slickers 15:57 21 Nov 03

Have now received a reply from the supplier who state that the module I have is high-density (generic), where my laptop only accepts low density. Apparently in these circumstances it only registers half the RAM value.

Thanks for the replies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…