FAULTY POWER SUPPLY ?

LEGGGGY 12:47 14 Aug 04

I have the chance to purchase a Medim AMD 2800+ with good spec, however seller says it keeps shutting down which he believes is down to a faulty power supply. Is this an easy and fairly cheap job to do ????

Devil Monkey 12:54 14 Aug 04

That shutting down may also be caused by overheating; check the temps in the bios. If it is overheating the processor may get damaged.

I would be keen to discover the cause of the shutdown before purchasing the machine.

It should be easy to change the PSU but there is a chance that the medion has a mobo which is specific to ifself and therefore standard components cannot be used.

My advice would be to get the owner to sort out the problem and then pay a little more with confidence.

Chegs ® 12:56 14 Aug 04

If it IS the PSU,then its a few multiplugs and a few screws to swap.A new PSU can be bought for approx £20.

If the PC keeps shutting down and it ISN'T the PSU,you could be letting yourself in for a whole heap of trouble(maybe cost more than just a new PSU)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…