Faulty Motherboard/CPU?

Ranger 18:06 23 Sep 03

I am looking at a friends PC and I think the MB is faulty but just in case would like a second opinion, it is a Tiny AMD 800 with a MS6340 motherboard and a Amibios, sometimes when it starts nothing happens, other times I get two quick beeps followed by 1 beep, when it does go further I get the message "Cmos settings wrong
Cmos/GPNV checksum bad
press F1 to run setup
press f2 to load default values and continue

when pressing F1 or F2 most times it does not respond it does not respond

it has responded on a couple of occasion but has froze as soon as i got into setup,

I have tried a different graphics card and memory that is known to be working, any help would be appreciated

Rayuk 18:12 23 Sep 03

Could be that the battery is gone.

-pops- 18:13 23 Sep 03

As Rayuk says. Checksum Errors are almost always due to a flat motherboard battery.

Ranger 18:14 23 Sep 03

Have just noticed lime green symbols on the right hans side of the amibios screen roughly making up a large kind square object, is this usual for a amibios?

Ranger 18:15 23 Sep 03

Sorry, forgot to put down I had tried a brand new battery in it

Rayuk 18:18 23 Sep 03

Beep codes for ami bios click here

If new battery doesnt solve problem you could also look on motherboard for clear cmos which resets the bios settings to default.
The jumper to clear cmos is JBAT1 which you will find next to the battery at the edge of the board.

Ranger 18:05 24 Sep 03

had already tried clearing cmos, when I get into the setup the pc freezes/stops working after a few seconds, beginning to think it is the cpu

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…