Faulty mobo or wrong ram?

Mig2 13:59 09 Mar 03

Just putting a puter together for my son, MSI K7n2g diagnotic leds says ram inserted wrong or
faulty .ram works ok in my other computer. Manual says ok to use 2100 ram any ideas?

Paroxetine 14:41 09 Mar 03

have you double checked the ram seating properly? and closed the lugs on either end? maybe try the ram in different slots for instance some boards prefer the RAM in the slots starting nearer the CPU then the CDROM's.

Hope this can be of some help. If the RAM works in another mobo, then you may wish to check the website of the board to ensure compatibility.

hope this is of help.

P

Mig2 14:52 09 Mar 03

Thanx for reply. Tried ram in all 3 slots and also tried another stick known to work in all 3 slots , tried 256 and 512 manual is quite good and says 2100 is compat, looks like a trip back to the shop on mon.Good job I dont by from online stores, I could not stand the mucking about some people have gone thru, I would rather pay a few quid more, local puter shop is great

Joe McG 15:26 09 Mar 03

Mig2, looks like there's a fault with the mobo.

It definately takes this module ( and higher ).

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…