Faulty Medion 19" Monitor

Migwell 17:47 04 May 07

I was given a MEDION 19" monitor for Christmas. That was the good bit.

Now the bad bit, Wednesday 02/05/2007 monitor goes on the blink. Switch it on and the usual sign for the first couple of seconds ( No Signal ) this normaly goes off straight away and the picture comes on. This time usual ( No Signal ) but then a blank screen. tried VGA Cable as have been using DVI cable up to now same responce. Borrowed a monitor which I gave my daughter a 15 LCD that used to be mine until the 19" Medion came. Ah Picture purfect, its the Medion Monitor.

Rang Medion who said they would swap it out but they have no stock and it could take two weeks to do the swap. As you can guess I am not happy and as to be refunded. I am told you have had the monitor for more than 28 days so cant have a refund. Assistant at Median hung up the phone when I told her that their help was not what I expected and intended to look further into it.

Comments please!!! and any advice as what to do next.

Yes I have the use of a monitor in the mean time but now my Daughter has in efect no computer, until this is sorted out by MEDION.

Totally-braindead 17:54 04 May 07

As far as I know they are essentially correct, after 28 days they still have an obligation to repair or replace the faulty monitor but have no legal obligation to refund you.
I think you will just have to wait for the replacement/repair.
You could try taking it back to the store you bought it from I suppose but they might not have any stock either and I don't think that they are legally obliged to refund you either.
If I am incorrect on any of this I'm sure someone will correct me.

Migwell 18:43 04 May 07

any further thoughts.

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:13 04 May 07

Why make life difficult? Just accept their offer of a new monitor.

G

Emad1 12:30 09 May 07

I am in the same boat. I am having the same problem with my Medion monitor. I bought it from Aldi stores. It is true that after 28 days, the refund can be extremely rare or none. However, I feel that their time scale of replacement is unacceptable and is breaking the warranty agreement. No one can agree to wait for 3 weeks, with no functioning PC, for replacement to arrive. Leave alone their slow response to my calls and emails. It took them 2 weeks to respond.

I still believe that refund can be made if the matter is raised against them to the office of fair trade, or industerial trade standard.
I am going now to the Aldi stores and will let you know the latest.

I also would appreciate more feed back, please.

conrail 17:01 09 May 07

I purchased a Medion pc March 2004 from pc world, July 2004 monitor went blank, Median sent another straight away, that went after 4 days so got a third which is still going strong, they did not argue about repairs just straight swaps both times, son also had a medion which the HD stopped after 7 months, they sent an engineer who replaced HD and installed XP, lucky we had backed up most things but then received 2 DVD's from Medion with backups they had recovered with letter of apology saying they could not recover everything.
so I hope you are lucky soon

Migwell 01:22 10 May 07

Thanks to Emad1 and conrail for you words I Thought it was only me, that they gave an Inferiority complex to, by the way the went on.

Telling me that they had no stock and it would be about two weeks at a guess. That dose not enstill me with confidence. Then their advisor hung up on me when I asked to have a conversation with a manager.

After all it is 2007 and the customer is meant to come first these days so you are lead to think.

On Friday I will send them a letter making mention of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended)

Emad1 10:39 10 May 07

Migwell and all

I am sorry for the way you were treated by Medion. Their agents were also so rude over the phone. Their words were indirectly like this: "that is how it is..that is how we are...!!!"
I am still negotiating with Aldi in order to avoid any lengthy procedure. But if I fail with Aldi, I would take the matter to the third party; the organization of Industerial Trading Standard.
I have lost every confidence in Medion.

Emad1 10:40 10 May 07

Migwell and all

I am sorry for the way you were treated by Medion. Their agents were also so rude over the phone. Their words were indirectly like this: "that is how it is..that is how we are...!!!"
I am still negotiating with Aldi in order to avoid any lengthy procedure. But if I fail with Aldi, I would take the matter to the third party; the organization of Industerial Trading Standard.
I have lost every confidence in Medion.

Emad1 15:55 11 May 07

Hi
Someone from Aldi Headquater called me this morning to confirm the refund. I have used the monitor for 11 1/2 months before it went off. My concern was the time scale given for replacement. The replacement time was too long to accept. Did you buy yours from Aldi?

Migwell 22:20 12 May 07

Yes mine came from Aldi, it was bought for Christmas on 02/12/206 as my Christmas present. It was not used until boxing day.

I rang Medion this last Thursday one week after the fault arose and was told (without any fuss that my monitor had left their place that morning and would get to me Friday or Monday at the latest.

11:00 Ffriday morning parcels carrier arrived with new monitor and took the old one away.

I am now happy as this is an up-dated monitor far sharper focus than before, better colour and better speakers, I now have it wall mounted which I had wanted to do with the previous one, but had not got around to it until it went off. Still a little miffed as to how long Medion took to replace it but all is now well.

Thanks to all for the support at the time it is appreciated. Will be very wary about buying Medion stuff in the future. The stuff seems not bad but the service is not all it should be when you considder that a computer was put out of action or could have been and buisness lost because of it had it not been a private sale in the first place.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced