Faulty connector VGA ?

geoff47 22:57 PM 14 Apr 12
Answered

The connection to my monitor has been playing up for a while, if you knock the cable the monitor goes blank, moving the cable seemed to sort it out.

I have moved the PC, now I cannot get the monitor to display anything. I think it is the actual vga connection on the PC, rather than the cable because I have tried several cables.

Any easy solutions ?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:14 PM 14 Apr 12

Open the case and try reseating the graphics card.

geoff47 23:25 PM 14 Apr 12

I have opened the case, it is a built in graphics card. I can only assume the actual holes that accept the pins on the cable are worn or faulty.

geoff47 23:50 PM 14 Apr 12

I am humble and contrite. I have a confession to make. I moved the PC to cobble a memory card from another PC into it. From the limited research I did, I believed it to be OK, I have just extracted it and the monitor is working fine again.

Panic over, thanks for the input......I have learned something tonight. I am not as clever as I thought.

northumbria61 08:03 AM 15 Apr 12

geoff47 - I have learned something tonight. I am not as clever as I thought

We are all still learning something new every day - that's why we are on here Geoff. We can all benefit from reading a post from someone. Without problems there would be no Forum.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:45 AM 15 Apr 12

Thanks for lettings us now the outcome this may help others in future.

geoff47 13:52 PM 15 Apr 12

Yet another question.........how do you tick the thread as solved ? I have had a look, but it's not as obvious as it should be, I know I have done it before, but cannot for the life of me find how.

lotvic 13:58 PM 15 Apr 12
Answer

Click on a big grey tick next to any of the posts and it will turn green. Next time you refresh the page your thread will be marked resolved.

geoff47 18:38 PM 15 Apr 12

Thanks......I knew it would be something simple.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

New Apple TV 2015 release date rumours: Apple TV 'launching in September' plus patent filed for…