faulty c drive will not shrink volume

Ozy 12:59 02 Mar 15

I wanted to triple boot windows 10 with windows 7 and 8, I clicked “manage” and right clicked c drive to shrink drive c to make a new drive. Clicked shrink drive, a message said “cannot shrink drive as drive c is faulty, use chkdsk to repair faults” I ran chkdsk c: /f /x /r. the problem is, it is “scanning and repairing drive c:” till it gets to 11%, then it stops , it is not frozen as the circle of dots is revolving, it just will not move on, it has been showing 11% all evening , all night, and all day. I do not know how to stop checking drive c: it will not let me back into windows 8.1 I can still get into windows 7

robin_x 14:22 02 Mar 15

W8 and W10 do not always fully shutdown (so they can reboot quicker).

To ensure nothing is still running try the following

, boot into W7 and Run shutdown.exe /s /t 0 from a command prompt (or Press Windows key and R)

Try chkdsk again from Command prompt before boot. (chkdsk for C: not the temporary X:)

Try Minitool Partition Wizard and/or the Bootable CD version to shrink the partition.

click here

click here

What was the first OS (supplied when new) on the machine?

ie is it W7 MBR machine or W8 UEFI?

This may be important (I have only skimmed)

click here

The old legacy boot menu may be helpful at some point? (F8 works again, nothing is loaded till you select OS)

click here

Ozy 23:01 02 Mar 15

robintheumpteenth I tried all your sugestions, none of them worked thanks for trying

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…