faulty backlight?

stevieb27 11:44 15 May 07

hi there
i have a fujitsu amilo d6800 which i purchased for my daughter which is not lighting the screen.i have changed the inverter but still no joy.i can read the writing on the screen with the aid of a torch but what i would like to know is how easy it is to change the back light itself or do i have to get a new lcd.any help appreciated

thanks

Sheik Yerbouti 13:49 15 May 07

Are you certain you have inserted the 2 inverter connectors fully home? I recently changed one for my daughter, and it didn't work 1st time (screen still very dim) when I rechecked the connectors, one wasn't fully plugged in. I gave it a push and it clicked into place and after restarting laptop the screen was fine. Very fiddly job. The reason I ask is because a local laptop repair shop told me to do the replacement myself 'cos it was easy (it was,just fiddly) and he said it was 99.9% certain an inverter problem (the dim screen) and I would be very very unlucky to buy the replacement inverter and find out it didn't fix the problem. got it from click here who also sell screens and have a helpful telephone manner. Best of luck with it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…