Fault Tolerence

WNS Ltd 15:39 18 Feb 04

I am just starting out and i was wondering how ways in which fault tolerence can be accomplised within my network.

Diodorus Siculus 15:46 18 Feb 04

Maybe you should have put all your queries into one and someone would be able to provide a comprehensive answer.

What do you mean by "fault tolerance"?

Taran 15:59 18 Feb 04

The forum is here to help people but so far today there have been several assignment related questions in rapid succession.

I suggest doing as Diodorus Siculus asks - that you put all of your questions together and see where you end up.

Be advised that although we try and help where possible answering homework/assignment/project questions is not really the funcion of the Helproom.

Have you looked at the mighty Google with appropriate search strings ?

Try these, including the quote marks, in Google:

"fault tolerence"+network

"network"+fault tolerence

You will be amazed at the results !

WNS Ltd 17:24 18 Feb 04

ßéLâ - no i am not NBP Ltd or S.C.S Techy my name is only WNS Ltd

WNS Ltd 17:26 18 Feb 04

Taran - i work for WNS Ltd and am also training at College and just want to further expand my basic understanding of networks and i heard this was the place to come and find out. Thanks for you help.

Taran 17:44 18 Feb 04

This certainly is an excellent place to find out what you want to know.

So far though, the questions raised have been very "college assignment" oriented and if anyone [myself for example] has thought you were doing just that, seeking answers for homework, you should understand that we do get a quite regular influx of that sort of thing.

To put things into perspective, I teach software engineering up to HND level at a large college and I often worry that students ask for answers and promptly go off to regurgitate those that they get in their own words without a firm grasp of the realities of the topic in hand, or the ability to recognise misinformation. Hence my post above.

The CISCO and Intel sites both have some superb resource articles and general information. The How Stuff Works site has a lot of good overview articles on pretty much everything to do with computing, including networks, VPNs, firewalls and so on.

Check out these links:

click here

click here

click here

click here

click here

That should keep you out of mischief for an hour or two.

Stuartli 17:50 18 Feb 04

In the case of my better half fault tolerance has, so far, exceeded 39 years.

WNS Ltd 17:51 18 Feb 04

Taran - once again thanks very much for the help. So you teach software engineering then. I wish i understood how to program. Im doing a BTEC National Diploma for IT Practitioners and have gone down the Networking route. I just couldnt grasp Pascal last year and well this year we have Visual Basic...alot easier but still very confusing!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…