Fault with bib.dll

Totally-braindead 20:04 10 Apr 04

Can anyone help with this. A friend of mine got the Inland Revenue Employers CD Rom 2004 to do some tax things on but her computer didn't have enough memory ( it requires 64mb ) so I installed more memory and it should work. It comes up with " this program has caused an illegal ....." and mentions the file bib.dll. Now I've managed to find out that its a file created by Adobe but thats all I really know. The cd needs Adobe Acrobat so I installed that but it still fails at this point. I've tried the disk on my computer it works fine but I'm on XP and shes on 98se. The computer meets the minimum requirements which is Win95 or above, cdrom with 64mb ram and graphics to run at 800x600. Any ideas anyone?

Gongoozler 20:12 10 Apr 04

bib.dll should be in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader. I can email you a copy of the file if you think it might help.

QuickHare 20:29 10 Apr 04

You installed the Inland Revenue program first, then Acrobat Reader. Maybe you should uninstall them both and do the opposite way round.

My thinking is that the IR program may search for Acrobat Reader during install.

Also, restart the computer after each install. It makes sure files that were in use while installing are copied across. This is a tactic used by most installers.

Totally-braindead 12:40 11 Apr 04

Thanks for the input guys , and Happy Easter by the way. I installed Adobe Acrobat first before I attempted to run the tax program so I don't think its that. The thing I can't understand is why it works on my computer under XP because I formatted and reinstalled last week and I haven't even got the Acrobat reader installed on my computer yet.

QuickHare 15:24 11 Apr 04

The fact that the error states bib.dll is at fault means that the file is there and working fine. It could be another file that is the problem, a file that bib.dll interacts with. This other file could be missing or corrupt.

Totally-braindead 17:22 11 Apr 04

Thanks QuickHare what I've decided to do is try the disk on someone elses computer running Win 98 and see what happens

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…