Father-in-law with bug in pc

Sgt Apone 21:23 25 Sep 07

Ok my father-in-law went online the other day and ended up with a little something on his pc he didnt want. Now norton deleted the virus but something else has been left behind. His homepage was Orange, his internet provider but now his homepage is click here and he cant remove it. He has been into internet options and it says there that orange is still his homepage. He has used the uninstall programs in control panel and removed it from there. Its still coming up as his home page, he has tried opening orange page and said it wont work right and he cant set anything else as homepage. does anyone know what this is? how to get rid of it? thanks.

here it is again click here

Sgt Apone 21:25 25 Sep 07

dont click the click here!! i forgot it does that.

its meant to be http:--//-asecurevalue.--com/

Stuartli 21:34 25 Sep 07

To set the chosen home page you have to actually have it on show in your browser and then, from Internet Options>Tools>General tab, select Use Current Page.

Stuartli 21:39 25 Sep 07
  Sgt Apone 21:41 25 Sep 07

yer he has done that, also ive found out what it is now, its a very nasty virus which updates its self and causes all sorts of alerts and stuff on your pc. Dont click the Click Here that was my bad.

Here is what ive found out about it for anyone else that may have it.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac