Fatal System Error - message ?

freaky 16:46 11 Nov 07

My other PC when I booted yesterday, gave the following message: -

Stop: coooo21A (Fatal System Error)
System has bee shut down

On booting it tries to load Windows XP, then the HD indicator light slows down and the above 'Blue Screen of Death' appears.

It's a Mesh PC which is about 2½ years old. Would be grateful for assistance.

VoG II 16:52 11 Nov 07

Try restarting and keep tapping the F8 key before the Windows screen appears. You should see a boot menu - select Last Known Good Configuration.

freaky 16:59 11 Nov 07

I have to go somewhere now, but will do as you suggest on return, and post back later this evening.

Karakorum 16:59 11 Nov 07

There's a description click here or there's quite a few leads click here+(Fatal+System+Error)&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a if you want to trawl through them.

Karakorum 17:01 11 Nov 07

Hmmm... that didn't come out right. It was from a Google search for "Stop: coooo21A (Fatal System Error)"

freaky 19:36 11 Nov 07

I kept tapping the F8 Key and eventually the Boot Selection Pop-Up Menu appeared showing: -

1st Floppy Drive
2nd DVD Drive
3rd FT TX ARY 1

It gave the choice to change the boot order, or ESC to accept the current setting, which I did.

Item (3) above should be the HD but don't recognise the name?

XP started to load, then I got the Blue Screen!

freaky 19:51 11 Nov 07

Adding to the above, this morning after a few tries Windows did boot and said it had used the last good configuation dated yesterday.
Yesterday Windows informed me there was a problem with SuperAntispyware and the PC needed to be shut down. I then uninstalled this program before shutting down.

When it did start up correctly this morning, it used a Restore titled ????Antispyware.

I then decided it would be better if I restored it to an earlier date i.e. October 27th 2007. I did this and since then I have this problem.

VoG II 20:01 11 Nov 07

If you have an XP disk try a repair click here

rdave13 20:39 11 Nov 07

It look the same setting on your PC as I have. Try VoG™'s first suggestion but this time keep tapping F5.

freaky 20:58 11 Nov 07

Thanks for the link which I have book marked.

The PC came with XP2 installed, plus a Mesh Recovery CD ROM but no XP disk. On the System Case there is a sticker with the XP Product Key.

However I do have an original XP Home Edition (with Product Key) from when it first came out plus two CD Rom's with Service Packs 1 & 2.

Will I still be able to do a repair and validate?

freaky 21:21 11 Nov 07

Tried tapping F5 and eventually it showed a number of choices including select "Last Known Good Configuration" which I selected. The PC tried to load Windows but no success.

Any other suggestions please.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5