Fatal system error

pj1664 02 Nov 11

Hi guys I have a situation, My Hard drive crash and it wont boot comes up with message on boot " c000021a fatal system error system has been shut down " anyway can I retreive my data by reinstalling xp and using asus data recovery to search for my files, just that I dont want to loose any of my files or is there another way around it, I have tried reparing windows but didnt help. Any help would be grearful. Thanks.

robin_x 02 Nov 11

If you reinstall XP you may lose data. Repair Install of XP would be better or is that what you meant by 'Repair'?

See here first.

ie go for F8 and Last Known Good Configuration or Safe Mode.

I ma sure others will have more advice tomorrow

If you can get into Windows, Run a cmd prompt as Administrator and type sfc /scannow

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Behind the scenes at Silverstone, the 70th British Grand Prix: Hisense starts UK push with Red…

How Found created this skateboard, bike and parkour stunts-laden, single-take car ad

Apple Pay UK launch date, UK user guide and participating UK banks | Apple Pay to launch in UK on 1?…

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message