Fatal stop error

DaveReece 19:59 31 Jan 03

My comp has gone down and cannot be revived....I can no longer get into windows. The only message to be shown is 'fatal stop error'.....I really don't want to have to reformat the drive.....any ideas?

powerless 20:22 31 Jan 03

What operating system are you using?

Have you installed any new software/hardware?

Is "fatal stop error" the only message you see, thats it nothing else like a bunch of numbers. If there are then could you post the whole message?

DaveReece 20:40 31 Jan 03

I am running windows 2000pro
The system crashed when i tried to play a dvd i had just bought...
Unfortunately i can't even get the error message any more....just insert boot disk.

I tried to produce a boot disk on another system but it doesn't seem to work on the faulty system.

Sorry to be so vague

Dave

DaveReece 20:49 31 Jan 03

After putting the dvd in, message came up 'unsupported format....download patch' or words to that effect.

Explorer crashed....asked to restart.

When restart attempted it came up with stop error (followed by a string of numbers that i can't recall)

message came up...'if this is the first time it has happened then restart' or words to that effect

Then came up with a list of poss problems like new hardware installed etc.....but no hardware had been installed for a couple of months and all seemed to working ok previously.

Dave

powerless 21:48 31 Jan 03

So you now can get into windows?

DaveReece 09:54 01 Feb 03

No i can't get into windows..i'm using another comp to reach you. All i get is a blank blue screen.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…