Fatal stop error

Muzzrock 22:59 30 Apr 08

STOP:coooo21A Fatal System error.The Session Manager Initialization Systemprocess terminated unexpectedly with a status of oxcOoooo3a[oxooooooo Oxooooooo]

I'm trying to help my buddy out with his laptop.
He's running xp sp2. It will not boot at all, shortly after the xp screen this error message pops up. I've tried last known good config. safe mode to no avail.
I would like to find a way to get in to the hard drive and back up the personal files first before doing a reinstall, or fix the current os. Anyone have any ideas?

brundle 23:02 30 Apr 08

Some suggestions; click here

MAT ALAN 23:02 30 Apr 08

click here;en-us;156669

this may help...

MAT ALAN 23:03 30 Apr 08

click here

ooops, try this...

Muzzrock 01:20 01 May 08

Thanks for the quick response. my problem here is the only command prompt I can get to is the one in the xp recovery console. and I can't run Dr. watson through it.
I'm at a loss.
This is a dell vostro 1500 by the way. is there any way to hook up a portable had drive and ghost info over?

beeuuem 02:28 01 May 08

This looks complex but could work click here

Muzzrock 03:48 01 May 08

this could work I'll try it tom. Thanks

beeuuem 15:22 01 May 08

Tried using Knoppix to save files - to see if it works.It does.
I downloaded Knoppix 5.3 which, at 4.2Gb, did take a few minutes (38). Burnt to a DVD, ran and saved files to a flash drive as the instructions in the previous post..
There are smaller versions of Knoppix which should work just as well, such as the v5.1 iso click here is 714Mb and will fit on a CD.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…