fatal exemption, oe 017f:bff72170.

mammak 21:36 12 Apr 03

Hi folk,s got the blue screen f/ex message, most recent thing i have done on comp was to install a webcam (surfcam, sensor type cmos color sensor, resolultion, cmos 330k pixels 640x480(vga) usb port 30frames/second(cif) true coler ect, installed great brill pic but after a few minutes comp freezes with a fatal ex screen cant say if it is the same f/e code as it the above mess came after i uninstalled the cam, running os win 98se, 63 ram 77% free system resource free, i am a novice folks so be kind laymans terms would be off a help thank,s in advance, ps run norton 2003 anti virus, disabled this while,s installing the cam run a system scan nothing came up ??????

Derek 06:10 13 Apr 03

Surely your problem is in the registry. Do a re-think and remove everything (delete)that was uploaded and upgraded recently. Use "add and remove" in the control panel and then do a "search" under names in your main drive that you recognise as being attributed to the recent upgrade/load.
Then get your registry to revert back to date when you know that all was well.
If you don't know how to do this then - come back.
Once your PC is running correctly again, then again come back and ask the question "How do I do so-and-so?"
Whatever, get back to where you were.

mammak 21:39 14 Apr 03

thanks Derek but i really have no idea how get into reg, been up on microsoft site for an age and cant find this f/ex code at all would be greatfull if you could lead the way, i really am an novice in these things, ps sorry took so long too get back to you

mammak 21:39 14 Apr 03

thanks Derek but i really have no idea how get into reg, been up on microsoft site for an age and cant find this f/ex code at all would be greatfull if you could lead the way, i really am an novice in these things, ps sorry took so long too get back to you

AndySD 23:13 14 Apr 03

As long as you are using IE 5.5 or newer then ....Go Start choose Settings choose Control Panel select Add/Remove Programs and look down the list for Microsoft Internet Explorer click on it and click on Remove... You will be presented with 3 options choose REPAIR.

mammak 11:33 15 Apr 03

thanks for that problem sorted, with few clicks,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…