Fatal Execution Engine Error (0x7927baca)

ame 00:40 17 Oct 05

GOD KNOWS HOW THIS APPEARED AT LOGIN, BUT RESTORING OR REINSTALLING XP DOESN'T HELP. WHAT THE HELL'S THE PROBLEM? ANY IDEAS ANYONE?

w1z8rd 06:49 17 Oct 05

Hi ame, seems like it could be a problem with .Net Framework,
Try uninstalling and reinstalling .Net Framework.

1. Uninstall Microsoft .Net Frameworks 1.1 from Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel.

2.Downloading â??.NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable Packageâ?? from the following URL:

click here
42-8157-034d1e7cf3a3&displaylang=en

Name of the exe file is â??dotnetfx.exeâ??

3. Install .NET from dotnetfx.exe

4. Restart

€dstowe 06:51 17 Oct 05

Try here (scroll down the page) click here

Please don't shout (use upper case lettering).

w1z8rd 06:58 17 Oct 05

sorry that link didn't come out right lets try again,click here
hopefully it will work this time

ame 22:58 17 Oct 05

Thanks guys - sorry for "shouting!"

You are right that I've had a problem installing an update/hotfix to the .NET FRAMEWORK software. It failed to install. Now when I try to uninstall the hotfix nothing happens. When I try to uninstall Netframework 1.1 it says the patch couldn't be found and to check I can access it! How do I get round that one? Trying a reinstall without removal failed.

I have since discovered that by removing ATI Catylyst Central software from my graphics driver package that the startup/login error has disappeared. Is this related, though?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…