Fatal exception w98se

stingray 20:26 16 Feb 04

Most times if prompted to restart windows I get the blue screen and fatal exeption caused OD at 0337:00002c93. current application terminated.Can anyone advise please.
Thank you.

Chris.h 20:56 16 Feb 04

Fatal Exceptions are a nightmare to diagnose as they are too numerous. This appears to be an app problem with restarting.

Go "Start" "Run" then type "MSCONFIG" go to the "Startup" tab and try unchecking one item at a time and going through the restart procedure each time to see if it solves the problem.

I`m afraid diagnosis in these cases tends to be deduction so it may take some time.

colrobs 23:27 16 Feb 04

As Chris.h says, difficult to diagnose. Could you tell us a bit more. How long have you had this problem. What is happening/what are you doing when you get prompted to restart windows. Have you installed any new software recently. Also how long has your current installation of windows been on your pc, ie when was it installed. I run win98se and usually reformat once per year - to clean it out, get rid of broken registry links/left overs from removed programmes etc. I have had FE's about 2 years ago and unfortunately could not resolve the problem and neither could Dell without reformatting.

Col.

woodchip 23:34 16 Feb 04

Get drive Image and create a image when you comp is working as it should. this can be reinstalled in about five mins

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced