FATAL EXCEPTION OE

Gharte' 16:43 22 Sep 03

I'm using a PC running win98 on Drive C and XP on drive D. The drive usually used is C. Sometimes in the middle of work it just goes off without warning. Today it gives an error message like:

A fatal exception OE has occured at 0028......... in VXD VMM(01)+ 00004.......... The current application will be terminated.
Press any key to continue.

This appears on a blue screen. The last time it happened, I was trying to connect to the internet. I suceeded in dialing up but when I clicked to open Internet explorer the error screen above came up. What do I do, folks? Thanks.

madPentium 17:23 22 Sep 03

I would test your memory and hard drive. The only time I have seen this message is when either of these is giving problems.

BurrWalnut 19:14 22 Sep 03

I too think it's a memory problem.

After running memtest86 for years, I've just been given a better, Microsoft BETA VERSION, one. It takes <2 minutes to download from here click here and about 10 minutes to run, depending on how much memory you have.

Save it to the hard disk, double click it, accept it and point it to save to a floppy.

To run it, reboot (restart will work) your computer with the floppy in the drive. After the reboot, it will load and the first test pass will begin using the standard test suite, and continue until complete, unless it is either paused or exited. Once the first test pass is complete, it will begin a second test pass, third pass, etc. ad infinitum.

Rayuk 19:38 22 Sep 03

A good site to bookmark
click here

seee no.3

Rayuk 19:38 22 Sep 03

Sorry its No.16 in the list

Rayuk 19:55 22 Sep 03

Sorry again should wear my glasses,may not be the answer you are looking for.

There is a remedy if you are having trouble with vxd
click here
Look under Windows98 drivers bug

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…