Fatal Exception errors on start-up

George66 00:43 22 Jan 03
  George66 00:43 22 Jan 03

Hi, I have recently installed a HP Photosmart7150 printer on my computer. When I try to boot up now, I get Fatal Exception errors of various codes, this happens 5 or 6 times,then it boots up, then works fine. I un-installed my printer software, and it started up fine. After I had re-installed it, I got the error messages again. Obviously the printer software is causing a conflict somewhere, but how do I fix it?
Is there a program somewhere that could diagnose a problem of this kind?
My Computer is an IBM Aptiva, WIN 98,256 RAM.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

BRYNIT 00:52 22 Jan 03

check for update on drivers on HP site

George66 11:52 22 Jan 03

I tried that, I downloaded some more installation software, re-installed that, and have started it up twice-no problems(I sit here with fingers crossed)!
Many thanks for your answer.

BRYNIT 14:01 22 Jan 03

Have you looked in system/device manager to see if you have any conflicts when loading drivers.

George66 14:10 22 Jan 03

There doesn't appear to be any. The 'new' driver has the same date as the old one,but I installed the printer via the downloaded file,rather than the CD. I have only re-started it twice,but each time was OK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…