fatal exception

jaygice 17:31 05 Mar 03

can anyone tell me what this means fatal exception occured at 017:bff9dfff what does this mean i am running windows 98 se thanx

matt5705 17:33 05 Mar 03

run ur virus scana and restore windows if that does not work

MartinT-B 17:39 05 Mar 03

There are several classes of fatal exception.

You need to read the error message in full

When you attempt to start Windows or an application inside of Windows, you may encounter errors similar to the following:
A fatal exception <XY> has occurred at xxxx:xxxxxxxx the <XY> represents the actual processor exception from 00 to 0F. The xxxx:xxxxxxxx represents the enhanced instruction pointer to the code segment and the 32-bit address is the actual address where the exception occurred. Windows does not cause these errors, but has the exception handling routine for that particular processor exception, which displays the above message

When you get the full msg click here

MartinT-B 17:42 05 Mar 03

BUT

It could be this one...

The "Fatal Exception Error 0x:xxxxxxxx" Syndrome

click here

Next time it happens (and it almost certainly will) get all the info on the blue screen of death written down :)

jaygice 10:48 06 Mar 03

i will prob come back so i will write it down and and be in touch thanx

jaygice 18:52 06 Mar 03

could this have been a error with explorer i put through repair and this error has not come back

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…