Fatal Exception

Ebonytiger 20:30 26 Feb 03

Please can anyone help with the fatal exception error which has started coming up when I turn on my PC. The PC was having startup problems a few months ago and after trying everything I reformatted and all has been well for a few months. Now out of the blue it's back - when I turn on the PC gets as far as the desktop and freezes or a fatal exception error -OE at 0028:C00069F8 VXD VMM (01) + 00059F8 called from VXD VFAT (01) 0028:C004B950 + 0000A194 this is the same message as last time I was having problems. After pressing a key it flashes to the desktop and back to the message but sometimes works for a while. I haven't made any recent changes to be able to track this problem.

JoeC 20:36 26 Feb 03
  AudioVic' 18:34 27 Feb 03

Go into control panel and into system, then into Device manager. Check the monitor and display adapter.

There should only be one of each.

If this fails to find the problem, click on start, run, type "SFC" (no quotes) and click ok! this will scan for altered/corrupted files> BE CAREFUL though!

Some files are altered deliberately by software.

Look for anything relating to .vxd & vmm.

Ebonytiger 20:14 03 Mar 03

Thanks JoeC and AudioVic, unfortunately neither suggestion worked but I have taken out autoexec.bat and config.sys (by renaming them) and the PC now boots up successfully (for how long?) So far I haven't missed either files but it's early days yet.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…