A fatal Exception ...

baldyx 23:09 09 Sep 03

Since I have installed an external CD writer (LITEON model),the following message keeps appearing :

A fatal exception 0E has occurred at 0028:C0031C7A
in VXD VWIN32(01) + 000015DE. Press any key to terminate the application.. .or ALt+CNTRL+DEL

Pressing any key displayes similar message with different values and can't use the pc after that, I have to switch off and on again using the on/off switch.

The CD writer works o.k. before these messages are

Any help will be appreciated.

vienna1981 23:17 09 Sep 03

i used to get that with a cd writer, i now dont have one, but was told it could have been any of 2 things in my case: 1) Real One Player was interfering with it or 2) The cd writer wasnt set up correctly in bios

Sorry I can't help you more perhaps someone will know an exact reason in your case

alan 2273 08:42 10 Sep 03

You do not say which OS you are using but giv this site a try as it lists loads of error codes and their meanings.
click here

baldyx 16:48 10 Sep 03

Thanks for the info. I am using WIN98SE on Dell notebook Inspiron 5000 with 128RAM.This problem seems to occur when the CD writer has been used.

I am now going thru the error codes suggested by
alan2273. This has led me to links for hotfixes which i may install.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…