Fatal exception 06 has occured

recap 13:39 16 Nov 03

To begin, I ran a Trojan Scan and it found a Trojan "Downloarder.Clispri.a that can be found C:\Windows\AppsData\ABBS.exe". The scan told me that AVG had quarentined it but I cannot find it in AVG.

I decided to Scan Disc and Defrag. Whether I Scan disc or defraged in normal mode or Safe mode my computer will not complete the tasks.

The first atempt in Safe Mode gave me an error message telling me that I had to install Windows. When I hard re-booted Windows booted normally.

I have looked for this error message with two results, the first tells me that I have to disable either McAfee or Norton of which I have neither, or, that my RAM is faulty.

The rest of the fatal exception error reads: "at 0000:00000063 the currect application will be terminated".

Any body any ideas as to what is happening?

howard60 14:56 16 Nov 03

you have a virus that the current virus checker is not recognising. See if you can download the latest version. If all else fails go online to trend micro and they can do an online virus check for you.

recap 15:45 16 Nov 03

Thanks howard60. Since my posting I updated AVG, this time it found 3 one of which was the Trojan I mentioned.

Still can't defrag though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…