fatal error exception oe 00000013..safe mode

everpool 14:37 14 Aug 03

i have been having this trouble for some time now..i switch on the pc and the pc does its normal flashing and loading etc...then the windows 98 page comes up...then a warning comes on,basically it tells me to press any key to restart the pc...i press any key ,nothing.i again pres a key,then some more.nothing.then again i press a key and a high pitch tone omits from the pc...i have to turn it off from the mains and restart because nothing else works.......so,then after i restart the pc the warning about how not to switch off without turning off running applications comes on and scans the c drive to make sure its ok...so,i assume its ok because it goes up to 100% and then starts to load..the a warning comes up..its the start up menu,it tells me to start up in safe mode (3)..i do this and it wont start....a blue screen informs me that there has a been a FATAL ERROR EXCEPTION AT OE 00000013.....It tells me to restart the pc ...i restart the pc and guess what....the cycle continouse.....what do i do now...lease help!!!

everpool 14:58 14 Aug 03

also,i am quite a novice with my pc.please help me.

JoeC 15:14 14 Aug 03

problem in your thread

click here

try and stick to the one thread then others will see what has been tried in an effort to help you. Please note that some of the brainy people in the forum have day jobs and might not see your thread until later. In the meantime, don't panic ! Give the forum regulars some time and eventually more people will post a possible answer.

everpool 19:00 14 Aug 03

cheers for the advice..i cant help but worryi have tryed to understand the MICROSOFT advice but ,,,well it doesnt seem to give me any answers..i done the scanreg thing but it told me everything was ok..so i pressed enter like it told me to...then the screen went blank but for c:/ .was i supposed to enter more text next to the c:/ .as i mentioned im quite new to computers...please help.

everpool 19:23 14 Aug 03

??

VoG II 19:28 14 Aug 03

I think that you need to do a repair of W98.

The easiest way is to ensure that the first boot device is your CD. To change this you need to go into the BIOS. Normally this is done by restarting and keep pressing the DEL key (different keys for different puters, look in the manual). Change boot order to CD first. Exit BIOS, saving settings.

Put W98 disk in the drive, reboot and follow the on-screen prompts to reload Windows over itself.

oliverdore 19:38 14 Aug 03

A few suggestions to this problem I have found elsewhere: Try removing each non-essential item from MSCONFIG (Startup), one at a time, to see if, when you restart, the problem does not occur. If so, then you know where the problem lies and either isolate it or repair it.

everpool 19:41 14 Aug 03

ha ha turn it in..what does that mean???
how would i get to msconfig and are non essential items cd roms that i have had loaded??

Jean-Luc Picard 19:44 14 Aug 03

Have you followed VoG's advice above? For someone with limited experience with computers this is a sensible course of action.

VoG II 19:45 14 Aug 03

Yes, quite.

You cannot load Windows so you cannot run MSCONFIG. I suggest that you try my earlier suggestion. This will leave your games etc. intact.

everpool 19:50 14 Aug 03

yes its seems qute sensible..i dont exactly have a w98 disk..i have all the brand new drivers and boxes..the pc is brand new and only about 5 months old...but the man who set it up for me never left me a w98 disk..i assume either he took it with him or i lost it when i threw away some of the packaging..but getting back to the point...that idea sounds simps....if i cant find the disk how do i get another one??if its pricey would i be better off getting the next one up XP i think its called..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…