fatal error eception oe has occurred 0167:00000013

everpool 14:13 07 Aug 03

help...im quire green with my pc...i cant start it...help.

everpool 14:23 07 Aug 03

yes,,im quite new to computers..can anyone help??? i just cannot start my computer..i just keep getting warnings telling me to start up in safe mode.help...

Jester2K II 14:41 07 Aug 03

What version Windows?

What EXACTLY happens when you switch on? EXACT Error messages please.

When foes the message occur?

Jester2K II 14:42 07 Aug 03

Any new hardware added?

What happened before this occurred?

everpool 14:50 07 Aug 03

well,i have no new hard wear...my daughter was playing a barbie game last week which seem to mess the pc up..i told her not to play it anymore ...i use the internet quite often(ebay)...when i switch on the disk scan tells me i should have switched off properly..then after it scans the windows 98 picture comes on...it starts to load up with all its jargon....then the Start up menu appears...im told to start up in safe mode (3)...i do this and then the blue warning screen stating ...A FATAL ERROR EXECEPTION OE HAS OCCURRED AT 0167:00000013......IT STATES I HAVE TO RESTART MY PC...I DO THIS AND THEN IT STARTS ALL OVER AGAIN...IM LOST.

User-312386 15:49 07 Aug 03

try this

start the computer, i assume that you may have been tappping F8 to get into safe mode? if you have try tapping the F5 key

if then you can get into safe mode after the F5 key, then shut down, but restart in ms-dos

when you are in dos type scanreg/fix

madboy33

Stuartli 18:05 07 Aug 03

Most of these type of memory error messages are very common - usually shutting down and rebooting will cure them.

If the trouble persists, instead of shutting down using the power switch, use the reset button; if you are prompted to enter Safe Mode choose Normal.

When you have got back to the Desktop run Scandisk (Programs>Accessories>System Tools>ScanDisk and then use the basic check); make sure it is enabled for autofixing errors.

This should find any errors and fix them.

jazzypop 18:59 07 Aug 03

The article at click here is long-winded, but thorough. It is worth working through it all, one small step at a time. It is also helpful to jot down on a notepad any settings that you change, so that you can 'undo' them later if required.

Much more information is available at click here

everpool 11:59 14 Aug 03

i still cant open up windows.

jazzypop 18:44 14 Aug 03

You have been given a variety of solutions to try, partly because there are a wide variety of possible causes.

The fact that it is still not working does not help us to help you.

Can you list exactly which of the above suggestions you have tried, and whether any of them had any effect, or caused you to receive any different error messages?

everpool 19:05 14 Aug 03

i have tried each suggestion..the thing is when i do the scanreg thing or whatever,,i still come back to the resart your computer page,when i restart the loop srarts all over again..im sure it would take you about 35 seconds to sort out But,,well im trying but im not as clever about computers as i would like to be...what do you think i should try next???

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…