Fatal Error..

Right ,Im at the end of me tether now :@!!
I loaded CHAMPIONSHIP MANAGER 03/04 In the cd draw and it told me i had an error..It said Error 1311 Scource file not found D:\Data1.cab Verify that this file exists and that you can access it..then it gave me a message Error:-1603 Fatal error during installation consult windows installer help (Msi.chm) or MSDN for more information...Aint got a clue where to start,Any ideas? BTW I tried System restore(im on XP HOME)and after rebooting,it said that 'system restore didnt work'..Ive posted this a few days ago,And ty to the ppl who replied,But as im a learner ,It was all double dutch to me,So ,If Poss,Spk slow...thx in advance

Diodorus Siculus 17:00 07 Dec 03

I did answer this before and apologies for the answer:

The link I gave click here suggests a number of solutions. One requires you to update the windows installer program: if you have windows 98 / Me, then you need a file called InstmsiA.exe which can be found at click here

If you have windows 200 / XP, then you need a file called InstmsiW.exe which can be found at click here

Download the relevant program and run it. That may fix your problem.

Post back here if not.

Diodorus Siculus 17:02 07 Dec 03

click here for the last answer I gave.

Another suggestion there was that the temporary folders are full - delete anything that may be in them.

An easy way is with a program called EmptyTempTolders from click here

Thanks for youe help,It's much appreciated, i downloaded the part instmsiw.exe,But all i got was a message saying ' wrong OS or OS Version for application'...As we spk i'm trying the temp folders...Just as a matter of intrigue..I got a message after a Download earlier that 'YU ARE LOW ON VIRTUAL MEMORY,Windows is making more space 4 u'...Dont know if thats relevant to the cause?..Thx again

Diodorus Siculus 21:34 07 Dec 03

Virtual memory - windows uses this if you are low on RAM - it is the paging file. It may have a bearing on your problems.

is there anything else i can do?...ran emptemp,no luck,& the other thing as posted above tells me that its the wrong OS version....i wud completly rub the whole lot out with my start disc ,if the fu*&^ng thing wud run in the cd tray!!

pleeezzz help me!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…