Fatal ecxeptions etc

bobbyalec 20:22 29 Jan 04

My computer has been acting up recently by shutting down in the middle of an operation.
Most worrying message was:-
"the system is dangerously low in resources, would you like to terminate the following application:- Offman Yes/no/cancel"
Also had:-
"RUNDLL 32 caused a general protection fault in module KRNL386.exe at 0001:000075a2"
Plus the more common:-
"A fatal exception OD has occurred at 015F:000075a2. The current application will be terminated." - (the long number seems vary each time it appears)
Sorry if I'm a bit thick, but in past responses you guys seem to interact and comment on others suggestions so how do I respond to your comments within this query, if that makes sense?

VoG II 20:30 29 Jan 04

Which version of Windows do you have.

To respond just scroll down a little and you'll see "Add a new response...". Type in the box then click the Post response button just below.

bobbyalec 22:17 29 Jan 04

Thanks VoG - I have Windows 98 2nd. Edition

Chegs ® 22:30 29 Jan 04

RUNDLL errors click here

Exception Errors & General Protection Fault Links

click here

VoG II 22:33 29 Jan 04

Try using the System File Checker to look for altered files click here

Chegs ® 22:36 29 Jan 04

It only ever found one file was missing,no matter how much I faffed about with it. :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…