fat32 to ntfs

mrsmagoo 13:23 30 Apr 03

can anyone help me I am trying to convert from fat32 to ntfs on a system that is running xp upgraded from 98 ........have read help files in windows but command from dos prompt doesn't work

VoG™ 13:30 30 Apr 03

Are you following this procedure click here

BeeWee 14:50 30 Apr 03

i have upgraded too mrs magoo...and i see my file system is still fat 32...what are the advantages of the new file system ntfs and should i convert?

mrsmagoo 14:46 13 May 03

thanks for the help given to me with this prob, basically the confusion was because from command prompt it was going into c:documents and settings, so I needed to change directory

recap 16:19 13 May 03

click here for past posting on NTFS & FAT

HighTower 12:40 14 May 03

Powerquest's Partition Magic will convert drives from FAT32 to NTFS from within windows automatically. click here

Paranoid Android 13:43 14 May 03

Actually when converting boot drives Partition Magic just invokes the Windows convert command, so there is no difference really.

Marvin

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…